Sunday, July 6, 2008


As I look through the family photos, I have found a few of our "Dog of Blessed Memory", Choochi (formal name Duchess).

She was acquired by Tamara who stole her from an abusive situation. (Tenderheart Pab). For the first two years of her life she chewed everything and anything that came in her path; from tooth brush to hairbrush to mascara to my favorite little wooden stool made by Jeffrey in junior high wood shop, and everything in between.

When she turned two she suddenly became the most marvelous companion and friend to everyone in the house. We nearly didn't make it through her baby stage, but are so glad we did. She had a great sense of humor too, as witnessed by friends who told stories of her sneaking up and giving a loud and scary bark (in the dark), then walking away quite pleased at the reaction.

We only had her two more years, but they were great years. We were all devastated at her passing and mourn her still. She is, by far, my favorite dog of life.

2 comments:

brilin said...

It's funny how one animal can stick to your heart like that. I had a cat, Spicey, when I was a kid, we were best friends and when she died, so did a part of my heart. I still think about her sometimes. I never have gotten that close to another animal. I think I didn't want to hurt that much again.
Linda

Pab said...

I have read this post several times, and haven't been able to bring myself to leave a comment. Nothing I could say would even begin to explain what an amazing spirit she had. I still miss her everyday and I will never, ever forget her. I will forever compare every animal I meet to her. I love my Choochi. Always.